Wednesday’s Weekend Update

So I did get up and successfully complete 11 miles on Saturday! It wasn’t the easiest thing I’ve ever done, but also wasn’t the most difficult. I was definitely ready for it to be over, so I am going to have to really push myself mentally to get through 13.1 in just over 2 weeks…

I took the morning to recover (first attempt at an ice bath, shower, refuel) and then met the guys at James’s place to head down to take a tour of a science lab where our friend Anna works (again, location-specific details have been omitted). It was really quite cool to see how the research is done…and on such grand spatial scales. After the tour, we indulged in our favorite Brazilian grill for an afternoon meal. Then later in the day we met up again to watch Wreck-It Ralph, which James had never seen.

Sunday was pretty relaxed….we got a late start. The main events were a couple of episodes of Game of Thrones and a walk on the paved trail with the puppies.

Monday I actually made a pretty good attempt at productivity. I went for a mid-morning run with my new shoes. The right leg felt fine, but the left was a bit strained. I don’t know if it was actually the shoes or the fact that I neglected to do my normal pre-run stretching. I’m going to give them one more try, but I am fully prepared to return them. In the afternoon I did some shopping (mostly for upcoming birthdays) and then took Bonnie to the vet. She’s fine…has lost one pound since last year (now 18.5) and is now up to date on all her shots. My vet said she would be willing to come out for a consult to help Bonnie get along with James’s dogs if it continues to be a problem.

I had some time to pack before I went to Lara’s for a yoga session. The AC was out in her studio, so we worked a 96F! I don’t think I have ever sweat that much in my entire life, but it was an absolutely amazing practice. Lara really pushes me, and the result is that I am physically exhausted, but also mentally relaxed. Afterwards, Rebecca came over to watch Asylum of the Daleks, and I finished packing at a reasonable hour.

Tuesday I hit the road and made it to Norma’s by noon. We’ve been having a relaxed visit so far. This morning, after a solid night’s sleep, I went for a very breezy and hilly 5 mile run. Feeling great! Ready for anything!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: