Reflection on 2010
The following list represents some of the highlights and many of the “firsts” that I encountered in 2010. I’m sure that I’m forgetting some, but this is all that a review of my past facebook statuses brought to mind. I wonder what firsts I will encounter in 2011?
2010 in Review
– Presented geology research at W&M Brown Bag and at a professional meeting – Southeastern GSA
– First upper-level course in Anthropology and Religious studies, taken without any prereqs, that turned out to be AMAZING
– Co-lead my 3rd successful Alternative Break trip
– First midnight tour of the Wren Building
– First W&M mascot while I was an undergrad
– First King & Queens dance, with a wonderful date
– First all-nighter (to finish my thesis)
– First Audio Adventure with TWO simultaneous stories
– First mug night drinking TWO margaritas (with Emily)
– Graduated from College
– First “beach week” in the OBX
– First experience with Doctor Who – thus began the obsession
– First job after College – AmeriCorps NCCC
– New car – Honda Fit
– First public blog, started about about my AmeriCorps experience
– First cross-country road-trip (both directions)
– First visit to the Memphis Zoo, where I saw chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas, orangutans, and giraffes up close!
– First visit to In-N-Out and first Fro-Yo bar
– First time playing Laser Tag
– First time SKYDIVING!
– Visits to San Francisco and Yosemite National Park
– First time seeing redwoods
– First visit to Jess’s house in Omaha
– First time playing guitar
– First visit to the Smithsonian Natural History museum
– First time seeing It’s a Wonderful Life
– First visit to New Jersey and Philadelphia
– New relationship with Kevin
2011 and Beyond…
– Complete at least one blog post each week!
– First 5k race
– First trip to Spain and France
– First time seeing the back of my closet?
– Getting to see both of my Littles graduate
– First visit to Harry Potter World?
– Second job after College – VISTA?
– As for the rest, who knows? Only time will tell!
Hope that little window into my year proved entertaining. 2010 was one crazy ride … I hope 2011 knows that it’ll be a hard act to follow!